BOOKED OUT – Sapphire Coast Science Festival Schools Day – Friday 13th August at the BVCCC
The Sapphire Coast Science Festival celebrates National Science Week and school STEM activities are organised for Friday 13th August (Week 5) at the Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre.
BVSC Libraries and 2pi and other exhibitors are creating a Maker Space in the main auditorium featuring:
- 3D printing and 3D pens
- Visual motion capture
- Making circuits with electro dough
- Making banana pianos with Makey Makey
- Micro bits- more advanced bots
- Machine learning activity
- Bournda STEaM activities (including digital microscopes and e-books)
- Science movies (Scinema) and hub member science dispays by the Atlas of Life, Far South Coast Landcare Association and Panboola Wetlands
Cost is $5 per student, 3 x 90 minute sessions available to schools – with a maximum of 70 students per session. Only one school will be allowed on-site per session.
Suitable for Stages 2 and 3.
Register your school’s EOI with the contact form below.
**Strict Covid-19 procedures will be in place to meet Dept of Education and NSW Health requirements. A Covid-19 plan will be in place and will be supplied to schools. All adults masked and registered using QR code. Equipment and facilities cleaned between sessions. Maximum of 95 persons permitted in the Auditorium and Gulaga Room. The organising committee is monitoring the situation closely and will make a decision to postpone on the 30th July if required.